WHEAT FLOUR/MAIDA 3 CUPS
MILK 1 CUP
SUGAR 3 TBS
INSTANT YEAST 1 TBS
SALT 1 TSP
BUTTER 2 TSP
- In a small bowl, take warm milk and mix two teaspoon sugar until dissolve.
- Then mix yeast, cover and keep aside for five minutes. milk turns bubbly indicating the yeast has activated.
- In another big bowl take flour, mix salt and remaining sugar. Then mix butter.
- Pour into a beaten egg.
- Finally add yeast mixture and mix with a spoon first.
- Then knead the dough for 5-8 minutes with hand or until a soft rubbery dough. Knead more if they are not soft and rubbery.
- Cover and rest dough for two hours.
- After two hours, you can see the dough has raised and doubled in size.
- Punch the dough to remove the excess air incorporated in the dough.
- Dust a little maida/flour on your working area and cut the dough into 8-10 equal parts.
- Make round smooth ball and keep aside.
- Cover and rest for another 30 minutes.
- Brush egg yolks and bake into a pre-heated pan on gas stove or 200 degree c preheated oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown in color.
- Remove from oven and brush butter.
- Cover with a cloth and let it cool on room temperature.