Soft Butter Naan/Homemade Naan Ruti
Butter naan is definitely the most popular bread in our country. We can make soft naan easily at home.So,today we will learn how to make delicious naan ruti at home.
- In a small bowl add 1 teaspoon sugar and instant yeast. Then add 2-3 tablespoon warm water and mix as well. Cover it and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Strain flour and remaining sugar in a bowl. Mix butter with flour in a bowl very well. Keep aside.
- After 5-6 minutes the yeast starts bubbling. Mix butter and flour mixture with yeast. Add salt.
- Add warm water a little by little as required. Stir together with a wooden spoon or your hand. Make a very soft dough.
- Take the dough out of the bowl and place a work surface dusted lightly with flour. Knead with your hand or a electric mixture on low speed for 10 minutes. The dough should be smooth and elastic. The dough spring back when you pock it with your finger.
- Take a large clean bowl and lightly grease with oil or flour. Keep the dough into the bowl.
- Cover the bowl and set aside to rise for 90 minutes in a warm place. The dough should be double in size.
- Once the dough doubled in size,punch the dough down to release the air. Divide the dough into 5-6 equal pieces.
- Dust your work place lightly with flour and place one of the balls there. Sprinkle a little flour top of the ball and with a rolling pin roll the bread out into 1/4" thick round.
- Heat a tawa or a flat pan on a medium heat. Place one bread and once the bread start bubbling then turn the bread. Cook another side at the same process.
- Make all other bread with the same process. Cover the bread with a kitchen towel before serving.
- Serve with your favorite curry.