Square Parata – Chouka Parata-How to make paratha at home
Square Parata – Parata Chouka basically a layered Bangladeshi flat bread prepared with flour.
- Mix flour, salt, sugar,milk and ghee in a bowl.
- mix egg and water. Mix well and make a dough.
- Knead for 10 minutes until smooth soft dough.
- Cover and rest for 2 hours.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal parts. Take one ball, flatten and dust with some flour. Roll it into circle with a rolling pin.
- Spread some oil on the circle and sprinkle some flour. Fold sideways and you will get a folded square shape. Cover and rest for another 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes spread some oil on rolling board and roll again into square shape ruti/crepe.
- Heat a flat frying pan. Take a ruti and fry a little. flip the parata when the base is 1/4 cooked.
- spread one tablespoon oil on this side now and flip again when the second side is 1/2 cooked. you will see brown spot now.
- flip again two or three times till you see more brown spots and the parata cooked evenly. make all parata this way.
- serve hot with any kind of bhaji or curry.