Strawberry Jam/3 Ingredients Strawberry Jam without Pectin
It is a homemade pectin free strawberry jam recipe. It is also quick and easy jam recipe to make at home in 25 minutes.
This is very easy to make and requires only 3 ingredients. It tasted almost close to the store bought one.
Today we will learn how to make three Ingredients Strawberry Jam without Pectin at home.
- Prep Time : 5 minutes
- Cook Time : 20 minutes
- Yield : 2 cups jam
- At first, washed, hulled and chopped strawberries well.
- Then crush it with hand. Keep aside.
- Transfer this crushed strawberries to a heavy bottomed pan.
- To this add sugar and lemon juice and mix well.
- Heat this mixture on a high heat till it starts to boil.
- Then stir in regular intervals and reduce the heat till it starts to thicken.
- Let the jam cool down, then transfer it to a sterilized jar and store in cool place.
- Use a tall pot for making jam so that when the jam boils, it wont spill over.
- To see if the jam has reached the required consistency, perform gel test. Keep a plate in the freezer for 5 minutes. when small amount of jam is put on the plate and returned to freezer for 2-3 minutes, then taken out the jam should set well and not be runny.
- The jam will not be too thick when hot, it will set to the right consistency as it cools down.
- If the jam thickens too much while cooking then when it cools down it will become hard as a leather.