Sweet & Sour Prawn
- Prawn/Chingri mach - 300 gm peeled
- Soybean oil - 3 tablespoon
- Onion - 1 cup sliced
- Garlic - 1 tablespoon finely chopped
- Ginger Paste - 1/2 teaspoon
- Capsicum green,yellow - 1 cup cubed
- Carrot - 1/2 cup sliced
- Green onion/spring onion - 1/4 cup
- Green chilies - 3-4 pieces
- For Sauce:
- Tomato ketchup/sauce - 1/4 cup
- Dark Soy sauce - 1 tablespoon
- Fish Sauce - 1 tablespoon
- Vinegar - 2 tablespoon
- Black pepper powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Sugar - 1 teaspoon
- Other Ingredients:
- Cornflour - 1 teaspoon
- Water - 1 cup
- orange food color(optional) - 2 drops
- Mix cornflour, orange food color with water until no lumps keep aside.
- Mix sauce ingredients in a small bowl and keep aside.
- Wash and peel the prawn well. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan and fry onion until soft. Then fry garlic and ginger a little.
- Then fry prawn for 1-2 minutes. Now add vegetable and fry until slightly soft.
- Next add sauce ingredients and mix well. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Adjust salt and pepper. Then add spring onion and green chilies.
- Finally add cornflour mixture, keep stirring and cook on high heat until thick.
- Immediately turn off flame and remove from heat. Serve warm with fried rice.
- You can use any kind of vegetable.
- Adjust salt and pepper according to your taste level. You can replace orange food color with red chili powder.
- Here you can also add pineapple chunks or juices.