Tomato Koi Mach Vuna
- Koi mach - 6 pieces
- Onion - 1 cup chopped
- Tomato - 1 cups cubed
- Tomato ketchup - 2 tablespoon
- Tok doi(plain yogurt) - 2 tablespoon
- Garlic paste - 1 tablespoon
- Ground cumin - 1 teaspoon
- Ground coriander - 1 teaspoon
- Ground red chili - 1 teaspoon
- Ground turmeric - 1 teaspoon
- Roasted cumin powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Green onion/spring onion - 1/4 cup chopped
- Green chili - 2
- Oil - 1/2 cup
- Clean and rinse the fish fillets.
- Marinate with turmeric and salt.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the fillets lightly until they turn golden-brown.
- Keep aside.
- Heat the rest of the oil and brown the onions.
- Add in the garlic, coriander, chili powder, turmeric powder, tomatoes with 2 tablespoons of water.
- Simmer for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Now pour in a cup of water and mix in with the sauce.
- Whisk yogurt and ketchup pour in it.
- Now place the fish pieces and stir gently.
- Flip over the fillets after 2 minutes to cook the other side.
- Add the chopped green onion and green chili.
- Cover and cook over medium heat.
- Remove the cover once the gravy starts boiling after 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the fried cumin.
- Keep over low heat.
- Turn off the heat once the gravy thickens and serve hot.