Bhape Doi Ilish
- Ilish fish/hilsh fish - 6 pieces
- Tok doi(plain yogurt) - 1/4 cup
- Onion paste - 2 teaspoon
- Onion - 1/4 cup chopped
- Ginger paste - 1 teaspoon
- Garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
- Cumin paste - 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chili powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Raisins paste - 1 teaspoon
- Sugar - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt - to taste
- Green chili - 2-3
- Oil - 2 tablespoon
- Mustard oil - 3 tablespoon
- Wash and drain all water of fish pieces and keep aside.
- Mix salt and a pinch of turmeric powder with fish pieces.
- Heat 2 tablespoon water and fry fish pieces a little. Keep aside.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan. Fry chopped onion until brown.
- Remove from oil and keep aside fried onion.
- Add onion paste in the same pan.
- Mix ginger paste, garlic paste, cumin paste. coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala powder, raisin paste, sugar, salt and two tablespoon water.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Place fish pieces carefully.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and bring to boiling.
- Now add whisk yogurt a little by litle.
- Add green chilies.
- Cover and cook on very low heat until oil is separated from oil.
- Remove from heat and serve with polau or khichuri.