Vegetable Cutlet/Potato cutlet
Vegetable cutlets are good snacks with tea and great appetizer for the vegetarian.
Step by step picture:
- papaya cube - 1 cup
- Potato - 3 cups cubed
- matarshuti/green peas - 1 cup
- Long bean - 1/2 cup chopped
- Green Chilies - 2 finely chopped
- onion chopped - 1 cup
- Fresh Coriader leaves - 1/4 cup chopped
- White pepper powder - a pinch
- Salt - to test
- sugar - 1 teaspoon
- cumin powder - 1 teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- for coat:
- maida/All purpose flour - 1/2 cup
- Egg - 1 number
- Oil - for deep fry
- Bread crumbs
- steamed the chopped vegetables for 1 minute and squeeze the excess water.
- Mix all the ingredients, 2 tablespoon bread crumbs and egg yolks. adjust salt and pepper.
- Divide the mixture into 7-8 equal parts. Shape into flat round patties about 1/2 inch thick.
- In a small bowl mix egg white, salt, pepper, flour and some water to make a batter and keep aside. Dip each cutlet in the flour batter and roll the patties in the bread crumbs and set aside.
- In a deep fry pan heat the oil medium high heat. Fry a few cutlets at a time until they are golden brown on both sides. Repeat this until all the cutlets are done.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce.