Vegetable Cutlet/Potato cutlet
Vegetable cutlets are good snacks with tea and great appetizer for the vegetarian.
Step by step picture:
- Mixed Vegetables - 1 cup chopped
- Potato - 2 medium
- Fresh Coriader leaves - 1/4 cup chopped
- Green Chilies - 2 finely chopped
- Garam masla - 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice - 1 tablespoon
- Red Chili Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt - to test
- Egg - 1 number
- White pepper powder - a pinch
- All purpose flour - 2 tablespoon
- Oil - for deep fry
- Boiled the potato and after well cooked drain the water.
- Let the potatoes cool down. Peel the skin and mash it well.
- Also steamed the chopped vegetables for 1 minute and squeeze the excess water.
- Mix mashed potato with all the ingredients, adjust salt and pepper.
- Divide the mixture into 7-8 equal parts. Shape into flat round patties about 1/2 inch thick.
- In a small bowl mix egg, salt, pepper, flour and some water to make a batter and keep aside. Dip each cutlet in the flour batter and roll the patties in the bread crumbs and set aside.
- In a deep fry pan heat the oil medium high heat. Fry a few cutlets at a time until they are golden brown on both sides. Repeat this until all the cutlets are done.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce.