Shobji Pakora/Vegetable Pakora
Pakoras are an all-time famous snack with a cup of tea. They are perfect for a rainy day evening..When making these pakora you can use any kind of vegetables dipped in a spicy gram flour,rice flour/semolina batter and deep-fried.
- Carrot 1 cup - cut into thin slices
- Long Bean - 1 cup chopped
- Papaya - 1 cup cut into thin slices
- Garlic paste - 1 tsp
- ginger paste - 1 tsp
- baking powder - 1 tsp
- Red Chili Powder - 1 tsp
- cumin powder - 1 tsp
- coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
- gorom mashla powder/ hot spice powder - 1 tsp
- soy sauce - 1 tablespoon
- salt - to taste
- sugar - to taste
- egg - 2
- maida/plain flour - 1 cup
- corn flour - 2 tablespoon
- onion chopped - 1 tablespoon
- Fresh Coriader leaves - 2tablespoon ,finely chopped
- Oil for fry
- In a bowl mix vegetables,ginger,garlic ,red chili powder, garam masala powder, cumin powder, coriander, sugar and salt.
- then mix flour, baking powder, corn flour and egg.
- Slowly add water to make a smooth batter. Mix well to make thick pakora consistency.
- In a deep frying pan heat oil over medium high heat.
- If the oil is too hot the pakoras will not be crisp; if the oil is not hot enough, the pakoras will be greasy.
- Put one drop of batter in the oil to test.
- The batter should form a small ball on the surface of the pan, but not change color right away.
- Deep fry the pakoras in two or three batches.
- Fry for 3-4 minutes per batch or until the pakoras are crisp and golden brown.
- Repeat this process for the remaining batches.
- The crispy, delicious pakoras are now ready to serve.