Western Chili Beef
Western Chili Beef is a restaurant style shredded beef in gravy with chili, onion, tomato, capsicum, carrot and blended spices. It is very easy and delicious homemade western chili beef. It can serve with naan or rice.
- Beef - 500 gm boneless
- Carrot - 1 cup cubed
- Red Capsicum - 1 cup cubed
- Onion - 1 cup sliced
- Tomato - 2 medium chopped and blended
- Ginger Paste - 2 teaspoon
- Garlic Paste - 1 teaspoon
- Cumin Paste - 1 teaspoon
- Red Chili Paste - 1 teaspoon
- Paprika - 1/2 teaspoon
- Chicken stock cube - 1
- Garam masala powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cinnamon Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt - to taste
- Cornflour - 1/2 teaspoon
- Roasted Cashews - 1/4 cup
- Soybean oil/Olive oil - 4 tablespoon
- Cut the beef into 2 inch cube pieces.
- Clean and wash beef pieces. Drain well. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a medium sauce pan. Fry onion, capsicum and carrot until brown.
- Add ginger, garlic, cumin, red chili, coriander and salt one by one. Then saute' a little.
- Next add blended tomato and mix well. Cook Until oil is separated slightly.
- Then mix beef pieces, paprika, garam masala, cinnamon and chicken stock cube. Mix well. Cook for 3-4 minutes on high heat. This is called kashano.
- Pour 4 cups of water and boiled on high heat. Once boiled reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 1 and 1/2 hour. Add more water until needed. Cook on medium heat until meat is soft and tender. Stir occasionally to remove burning of the bottom.
- Once cooked and soft, then shred the soft beef and carrot with a fork or spoon.
- Now mix cornflour with one tablespoon water and pour into tender beef.
- Cook another 2-3 minutes or until your desire thick consistency.
- Finally add roasted cashews and then turn of flame.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve hot with naan or rice.
- Adjust chili according to your taste level. You can add green chili also.
- You can skip chicken stock cube and replace with stock or broth.