White Bread/Sandwich Bread
White Bread refers to any bread whose crumb color is clearly white or cream. Dough made from wheat flour.This is a easiest recipe for white bread.If you have never made bread in your life before,this is the recipe for you.I think ,this will be a new family recipe for your family.
This bread had a very nice texture, and would be good for both toast and sandwiches.Doubled the ingredients to make 2 loaves.You can also use this recipe for making dinner rolls,cinnamon rolls,pizza rolls and garlic toast.
It’s crisp outside and tender inside–the taste and texture both wonderful.Not too fluffy,but a nice ,soft,tasty bread.I absolutely love this bread recipe.
step by step picture:
- In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients-flour, sugar, salt, butter, yeast and powder milk. Mix it well.
- Add 3/4 cups of warm water. Mix with a hand or electric mixture. Make a soft dough.
- The dough become sticky but don't worry. Sprinkle some flour on the surface of the dough and knead the dough for 5 minutes.The dough should be smooth and feel bouncy.
- Grease some oil or butter on a double sized bowl of the dough. Place the dough in the bowl.Cover it and let it rise for 2 hours in a warm place.
- Once the dough doubled in size then knead another 2 minutes.Roll the dough and shape it into a 9"log.
- Spray some oil on the 9*4 loaf pan and transfer the log on it..Cover the loaf pan with a plastic wrap and keep it for another one hour.
- Once the dough doubled in size then preheat the oven for 180 C.Bake it for 30-35 minutes or until nice golden brown.
- Remove the bread from oven. Cover with a cloth and let the bread to cool onto a rack. When completely cool, cut the bread into your desire pieces. Wrap in plastic or store in a air tight container.