White Sauce a Chicken Roll
- For Filling:
- Boneless chicken - 1 cup chopped
- Button Mushroom - 1/2 cup finely chopped
- Ginger Paste - 1/2 teaspoon
- Garlic Paste - 1/2 teaspoon
- Onion - 1/2 cup finely chopped
- Fresh Coriander leaves - 1/4 cup chopped
- Green onion/spring onion - 1/2 cup chopped
- Red chili powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 2 tablespoon
- For white Sauce:
- Butter - 1 tablespoon
- All purpose flour - 1 tablespoon
- Milk - 1 cup
- White pepper powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt - a pinch
- For Batter:
- All Purpose flour - 1 cup
- Water - 1 1/4 cup
- Egg - 1 medium
- Salt - to taste
- For Coating:
- all purpose flour - 1/2 cup
- Egg - 1
- Breadcrumbs - as needed
- Salt & Pepper - as needed
- Oil for deep fry
- Heat oil in a pan, fry chopped onion until soft. Add chicken and mushroom, fry for 2 minutes.
- Next add ginger, garlic, pepper, salt and cook for two minutes.
- Then mix coriander leaves and green onion, cook another one minute. Remove from heat and keep aside.
White Sauce Preparation:
- Melt butter in a non stick pan on medium low heat. Fry flour lightly.
- Then pour milk, salt , pepper into pan and keep stirring until slightly thick.
- Now add cooked chicken and mushroom. Mix well.
- Remove from flame and let it cool.
Making Roll Wrapper:
- Make batter with flour, egg, salt and water. Blend them in a blender until well mix.
- Grease a non stick pan with oil. Heat on medium heat.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter to form circles of 5” diameter. Just cook the pancake on one side only and take them out and keep aside.
To make the rolls:
- Keep the filling on the uncooked side of the pancake. Place the filling as a line on the side facing you. Make sure to leave some gap around the edges .Fold the left and right sides of the wrapper/pancake over the mixture.
- Gently pull away the edge of pancake facing you and roll over the filling.Continue to fold the roll.
- Seal the edges using the flour paste mentioned in the notes.
- Dip the roll in lightly beaten egg , flour, water mixture and then roll it in breadcrumbs until fully coated.
- Heat a frying pan filled halfway with oil. Fry these rolls in the oil until golden and crisp.
- Serve hot with Tomato Ketchup or Sweet Chilli Sauce
Step by Step Picture: