Zafrani Mutton Korma
- Mutton/lamb meat - 600 gm
- Oil - 1/4 cup
- Whole garam masala-cinnamon,cardamon, bay leaf, cloves - as needed
- Onion Paste - 2 teaspoon
- Ginger Paste - 2 teaspoon
- Garlic Paste - 1 teaspoon
- Cumin Paste - 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander Paste - 1/2 teaspoon
- Black Pepper Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Jaiphal, Javetry(nutmeg, mace) powder or paste - a pinch
- Poppy seed paste/Postodana - 1 teaspoon
- Tok doi(plain yogurt)/Curd - 1 cup
- Salt - to taste
- Sugar - 1 teaspoon
- Fresh Cream - 1 teaspoon
- kewra essence - 1 teaspoon
- Green Chilies - 5-6
- Ghee - 2 teaspoon
- Fried onion(Beresta) - 1 tablespoon
- Zafran/Saffron - 2 pinch
- Clean and wash mutton pieces well. Drain all water and keep aside.
- Heat oil and fry whole garam masala a little. Add mutton and fry until light brown. Remove mutton and keep aside.
- Now mix onion paste and 1/2 cup water. Then add ginger, garlic, cumin, coriander, black pepper, jayphol-javetry, salt and poppy seed paste. Mix well and cook on medium heat until oil is separated from gravy.
- Next add mutton pieces and cook well.
- Whisk yogurt, sugar and half of saffron and add in it. Add some water and cook on medium heat for 30-40 minutes or until soft and tender. If you need add more water.
- Once cooked add green chilies, kewra essence and ghee. Cook another 5-6 minutes. Adjust salt.
- Add fresh cream and turn off flame, transfer to a serving dish. Sprinkle fried onion and a dash of saffron. Serve hot with rice or polau.