Zafrani Sujir Halwa
- Greased your mold or bowl with one teaspoon ghee and keep aside.
- Heat one tablespoon ghee and roast suji until very light brown. Remove from heat and keep aside.
- Boil water, sugar, cinnamon, cardamon, orange food color and zafran. Boil until sugar is dissolve.
- Now mix roasted suji/semolina, remaining ghee and keep stirring. If the mixture is dry add another one cup more water. Keep stirring on low flame.
- Soon the halwa will thicken and leave the sides of the pan and form a large lumpy mixture for about 3-4 minutes. Turn off flame.
- Transfer to a greased mold and let it cool on room temperature.
- Transfer to a serving dish. Garnish with nuts and few saffron stands. Serve warm or cool.
- If you do not have saffron on hand, you can omit it.
- You can use less or more sugar.